Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (95% of Full)

Advanced

Fall color update, east side (some photos are large).

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Fall color update, east side (some photos are large).
September 27, 2010 07:08AM
The g/f and I just got back from a whirlwind tour of the east side, leaving L.A. at 0230 hours Saturday morning, and getting back about 1500 on Sunday.

Sabrina: Meh. Some color at the lake, quite mixed at this stage, LOTS of fishing craft screwing up whatever shots were possible. This is the only one from many that I took that I saved. Taken from the dam, about 1/2 way out.

North Lake: Didn't bother, always too crowded.
Lundy Canyon: Still way too green, but high above the canyon on the south rim, visible from around the fire station, AMAZING field of almost psychedelic orange and quite large. Didn't hike up. VERY green still at the 'resort'
Lee Vining Canyon: Still way too green. Two weeks.
McGee Canyon: Still green, although from the pack station area, beautiful orange and yellows way up high near the back of the canyon. Give it two weeks.
Rock Creek Canyon: Starting to go! Nice yellows further back, esp around RC Lake, where we'll be next weekend, but lots of boaters again, so we continued back south.
Pine Creek Canyon: Still quite green, LOTS of bicyclists from some race that seemed to be going on all over the Bishop/Crowley area. Two weeks.
Convict: Didn't bother.

Which brings us to where we spent almost all the rest of our time: the canyon of the south fork of Bishop Creek leading up to Parcher's/South Lake. It's almost all going off, now, except those awesome aspen stands around what I believe is called Mist Falls. It was yellowing heavily when we got there Sat. morning, but it must have snapped overnight, since it was visibly better Sunday.

From that really big turnout/picnic area about a mile south of Willow, I snapped one of the east slope going up Table Mountain, just to show a lot of the area we were dealing with.

Taken at the second switchback on the trail leading to Tyee Lakes.

Same place:

Taken from the bridge over the creek, starting point of the Tyee Lakes trail, looking south.

A mile or so south of Willow

Even further south of the above area

Same place, right as the sun came up

Taken by my g/f, w/her new Canon 5D, at the exact same spot and time as the above, only looking in the opposite direction at the exact time the sun came over the ridge of Coyote Flats. Sorry, it's protected, so I can't post it, you'll have to click through.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinblackphotography/5027309711/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 07:40AM by tanngrisnir3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login