Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (93% of Full)

Advanced

Royal Robbins at Gallo Center June 24

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Royal Robbins at Gallo Center June 24
June 09, 2011 05:43PM
Anyone planning on going to hear Royal Robbins speak at Gallo Center in Modesto on June 24?

http://tickets.galloarts.org/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=2107
Re: Royal Robbins at Gallo Center June 24
June 09, 2011 06:34PM
$50, wow that's steep. I doubt a lot of the poor, living off the land rock climbers who hang out in Camp 4 all summer could afford that.
avatar Re: Royal Robbins at Gallo Center June 24
June 10, 2011 02:10AM
I doubt that the rock climbers would want to venture out to Modesto anyway.

About eight years ago or so, don't exactly recall what year, when the rock climbing documentary came out (with Tom Brokaw as the narrator), they showed the documentary at the Yosemite Lodge in two parts (as the evening program at the Yosemite Lodge amphitheater). What was neat was that Royal Robbins was there to talk about the documentary. And since those evening programs are free, there were plenty of rock climbers from the nearby Camp 4 that showed up to watch the documentary too and hear Royal Robbins speak.
avatar Re: Royal Robbins at Gallo Center June 24
June 10, 2011 10:59AM
I happen to catch that on in April. What a great documentary (Vertical Frontier). You could tell by the way the general crowd was dressed during the speaking engagements that it was not a stuffy uppity affair (shorts, tanks, boots, flops). I'm not a climber and I was thoroughly engrossed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login