Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Question about reserved sites in Tuolumne Meadows CG

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Question about reserved sites in Tuolumne Meadows CG
July 12, 2011 11:10PM
I have reservations for one size site for two nights and another size site for a third night, with a gap in between. I plan to try and get a reservation for the gap, but I have a few questions:

Will they assign me to one site for my entire reservation, even though I have different sizes reserved? And if I am unable to make a reservation for my gap day, will they give me my site as a first come first served, to fill that gap? I don't mind if they put me in the smallest site, we have a tent and compact car, but would hate to have to move.
avatar Re: Question about reserved sites in Tuolumne Meadows CG
July 13, 2011 12:01AM
Your footprint is small, so you should be fine. A few strokes of a pen would be more hassle for them than to make you move.
Re: Question about reserved sites in Tuolumne Meadows CG
July 13, 2011 06:41AM
I have camped in Tuolumne Meadows campground numerous times. I have gone there with a reservation for just one night. When I arrived I just let them know I wanted to extend my stay for another six nights. No problem. They extended it for the same site. I didn't have to show up the next morning to get a non-reserved site. They did it for me at the time I checked in for my reserved site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login