Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

What to do w/ a Tuolumne Lodge rez I can't use?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

What to do w/ a Tuolumne Lodge rez I can't use?
August 16, 2011 09:11AM
I have had a rez for a tent cabin at Tuolumne for a couple of years now; I used to be able to change my rez dates, but DNC won't let me do that anymore. I'm not a scalper; is there any kind of exchange for this sort of thing that isn't Craigslist? We usually go up for the Perseids and wedding anniversary, but I wasn't been able to get through when I wanted, so this is for this coming week; Aug 21 -28. Any suggestions? I really haven't been able to be in the park for a whole week since I was artist-in-residence a few years back and I miss the hell out of it. My wife & I are a bit too surgified & broken to camp easily, hence the Lodge and a bed....

I'm not on Flikr, but some of my work is on an Fb page: the Paintings & Photography of Patrick Gavin Duffy.

If you are up there, say hello to Martha for me.

- PGD
avatar Re: What to do w/ a Tuolumne Lodge rez I can't use?
August 16, 2011 09:50AM
pgavin
I have had a rez for a tent cabin at Tuolumne for a couple of years now; I used to be able to change my rez dates, but DNC won't let me do that anymore. I'm not a scalper; is there any kind of exchange for this sort of thing that isn't Craigslist? We usually go up for the Perseids and wedding anniversary, but I wasn't been able to get through when I wanted, so this is for this coming week; Aug 21 -28. Any suggestions? I really haven't been able to be in the park for a whole week since I was artist-in-residence a few years back and I miss the hell out of it. My wife & I are a bit too surgified & broken to camp easily, hence the Lodge and a bed....

I'm not on Flikr, but some of my work is on an Fb page: the Paintings & Photography of Patrick Gavin Duffy.

- PGD

I thought DNC allowed one to cancel a Tuolumne Meadows Lodge reservation seven days before (or earlier) the date of the first night with no penalty and 100% refund of one's deposit.
avatar Re: What to do w/ a Tuolumne Lodge rez I can't use?
August 16, 2011 11:25AM
i know in the Valley where i usually camp, in the past (twice now) after hours of being there during the day, i have decided to go home and not stay to camp (i only live 2 1/2 hrs away)... i've done this for personal reasons i won't go into (family / work stuff)...

anyhoo... what i have done is given my reservation to one of the workers who work at the entrance of the campsites, explained my situation, asked them if they would please give it free to someone who came at the last minute and didn't have a reservation... they gladly did it (hopefully they did it).

so i maybe lost $20, no big deal to me, but hopefully i made somebodies day a little bit brighter.
Re: What to do w/ a Tuolumne Lodge rez I can't use?
August 16, 2011 01:48PM
pgavin

- PGD

Toulumne Lodge and White Wolf Lodge are no longer part of the High Sierra Camps. Therefore, they have the same rules as Curry Village: You can cancel without penalty and get your money back if you do it at least seven days in advance. Otherwise, if you fail to show up you lose the deposit, which is the first nights rental.

Yes, you can give away that reservation to a friend. They will honor it so long as your friend has a copy of the reservation with him when they check in. If they ask, just say that your friend who made the reservation will join you later. The standard Tuolumne cabin has one double and two single beds, so four people could use your reservation, if they pay the pittance needed for the extra two people.

They can pick up the bill for additional days if they want to, or check out the next morning without paying any more. You can always check a day or more early without penalty, if you do so before checkout time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login