Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Information on hikes in Glacier Point Road Area

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Information on hikes in Glacier Point Road Area
September 03, 2011 07:59AM
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a 10 -14 mile day hike in the Glacier point road area. We have not done much hiking in that portion of the park save the hike from Glacier Point to Happy Isles and would like to explore it further. We like to "get high" and experinece vistas and we like to go to lakes. We were considering Ostrander lake but want to know what else is in the area. We are not "climbers" so we are not looking for anything that requires mountain climbing skills. We can scramble over boulders and such but not if it puts us in danger of falling off something that would lead to death (there might be a chick-on on these boards but when it comes to the high places where falling is a definite possibility I am a chicken!). Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Information on hikes in Glacier Point Road Area
September 03, 2011 08:47AM
Here is a website by one of the posters to this forum that shows some of his favorite hikes - He doesn't have anything on Ostrander but says the hike to Ottaway Lakes is one of his favorite - The whole site is great and worth a look

http://www.backpackthesierra.com/home/destinations/our-favorite-hikes-of-all-time
Re: Information on hikes in Glacier Point Road Area
September 03, 2011 09:19AM
Thanks for the link - what a great website! I looked at the pictures and I looked at a map to find the distance. Wish I was good enough to do that one in day! What a gorgeous lake. We are thinking of backpacking this area next summer. (Hopefully red peak pass is not scary) My sons will have graduated high school by then and we will no longer be tied to the valley because of football practice and games.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login