Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Carleton's Place

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Carleton's Place
October 01, 2011 03:01PM
From near benchmark:

Closer to the edge, with view of the valley.

Additional notes:
-no video, but the Snow Creek cascade is still flowing quite nicely. Could see at least five sections of it.
-OTOH: Pywiack Cascade is completely dry. No flow.
-Fairview: from the TH, turn right at the split near the base. Takes you to the south saddle. Passed by a couple of British climbers on their way down, took them 12 pitches in 7 hours to reach the top.
-Pothole: underrated, better than Lembert.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2011 03:21PM by Ohnivy-Drak.
October 03, 2011 03:01AM
Thanks for sharing the videos!

Ohnivy-Drak

For views of Tuolumne Meadows and environs, I agree.
Re: Carleton's Place
October 03, 2011 05:45PM
plawrence
Thanks for sharing the videos!

Ohnivy-Drak

For views of Tuolumne Meadows and environs, I agree.

I've definitely overlooked Pothole. It's about as non-challenging as it gets, but I was pleasantly surprised by the views. There are quite a few other domes if you venture out north. Only did one of them, directly behind.
October 03, 2011 06:54AM
Pywiack only looks dry...

Def. agree w/r to Pothole. Hugely underrated.

Chick-on is looking at you!
October 04, 2011 04:58PM
Pywiack is most definitely NOT dry. Besides the main flow there are also many wet threads across the entire Cascade that bothered us on our descent.
October 04, 2011 05:34PM
chicagocwright
Pywiack is most definitely NOT dry. Besides the main flow there are also many wet threads across the entire Cascade that bothered us on our descent.

Thanks for the correction. From afar, it looked to be just long, brownish stain. But admittedly, I didn't take a closer look with the binocks. Based on Snow Creek flow, which you could see with the naked eye from the right side of Watkins, not surprising to hear about Pywiack.
October 04, 2011 08:10PM
It is hard to express the laugh at yourself humor I intended in my last post. The wet streams caused us a lot of problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login