Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite seeks a more diverse base (of visitors)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite seeks a more diverse base (of visitors)
November 14, 2011 11:30PM
Some minority visitors to Yosemite are asking for diverse stories about Yosemite's history. This L.A. writer wants YNP to add more history of minorities in Yosemite.

Yosemite seeks a more diverse base

hmmm, we Paiutes could help bring in many different groups with our historical accounts, if the Park would listen.

We have tales that would interest African-Americans, Chinese-Americans, and especially the large Mexican-American California population...and just recently maybe even the Arab and Muslim population (I will write about that later)

Bee Presents

Chief Tenaya was the founder of the Paiute colony of Ahwanhee - Dr. Lafayette H. Bunnell.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 11:03AM by Yosemite_Indian.
avatar Re: Yosemite seeks a more diverse base (of visitors)
November 15, 2011 11:06AM
If you came to read the story and the link did not work, sorry, but I fixed the link. I went to the original source not a repost of the story this time.

moody smiley

Chief Tenaya was the founder of the Paiute colony of Ahwanhee - Dr. Lafayette H. Bunnell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login