Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Mono Lake’s state park is off the closure list

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Mono Lake’s state park is off the closure list
December 02, 2011 03:09PM
After a six month grassroots public effort, the world-renowned state park at Mono Lake—the Mono Lake Tufa State Natural Reserve—has been removed from California’s 70-park closure list. This great news means that the Reserve will remain open to the public, drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors to the local economy, providing public access to Mono Lake, offering educational programs, and assuring ongoing public management and stewardship for Mono Lake’s unique ecosystem.

http://www.monolake.org/today/2011/12/01/breaking-news-mono-lakes-state-park-is-off-the-closure-list/
Re: Mono Lake’s state park is off the closure list
December 02, 2011 03:20PM
Awesome! I was wondering what part of it would actually close, and I read recently that if the state part of it closed, that the boating concessionaires wouldn't be able to continue. Among other things, I am sure, but that would have had the most economic impact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 03:21PM by hotrod4x5.
Re: Mono Lake’s state park is off the closure list
December 02, 2011 07:03PM
Yeah!! Great news!Dancing GIrl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login