Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Raven flyby at Turtleback

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Raven flyby at Turtleback
May 01, 2012 10:18AM
I kinda like how this raven decided to fly by Turtleback Dome at the perfect time.

avatar Re: Raven flyby at Turtleback
May 01, 2012 07:16PM
Great footage jim. I love seeing stuff like this when I'm 1500 miles and 3.5 months away.
May 02, 2012 04:55PM
Mbear,
I'm counting the days until I make it up to Tuolumne Meadows in about a month. Here is a song to help you make it through your countdown.

May 01, 2012 08:24PM
That bird was in hurry!
May 01, 2012 10:27PM
If you can find the road that goes up to Turtleback, it's easier to park at the base of the road and walk up.
It's such a small turnoff I've always had trouble finding it. If you blink you miss it! smiling smiley
Re: Raven flyby at Turtleback
May 01, 2012 08:46PM
Drive up or hike?
May 01, 2012 09:17PM
Just walked out onto Turtleback a little bit from the turnout before Wawona Tunnel.
May 02, 2012 06:22AM
We drove up there once. It has a gate that was unlocked, but no signs barring entry.
May 02, 2012 06:40AM
He walked DOWN Turtleback. i.e. Went over the rock wall and hiked North towards
the Merced River. Excellent views of Cascade and Wildcat... and The Rostrum.

Hike all the way to the edge and you get an excellent view of The Rostrum.
I've always gone out there early in the day... so lighting not so great...
Here's top of Rostrum and Wildcat late in the year after Wildcat started flowing again.

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 02, 2012 09:32AM
Didn't know about the trail to the top of Turtleback. I learn so much on this forum.
May 02, 2012 08:31AM
hotrod4x5
We drove up there once. It has a gate that was unlocked, but no signs barring entry.

Isn't it usually locked?

On the topic of locked gates, does anyone know when/why the gate on the road up the the Crane Flat FIre lookout is locked?
Every time I drive by it I look and I've never figured out a pattern. Sometimes it's locked, sometimes not. The lookout is no longer operational, but is open to visiters, and has some nice views. That is if you can get up there. With the road only sometimes open I hesitate to mention it to people.
May 02, 2012 10:51AM
qumqats
hotrod4x5

Isn't it usually locked?

On the topic of locked gates, does anyone know when/why the gate on the road up the the Crane Flat FIre lookout is locked?
Every time I drive by it I look and I've never figured out a pattern. Sometimes it's locked, sometimes not. The lookout is no longer operational, but is open to visiters, and has some nice views. That is if you can get up there. With the road only sometimes open I hesitate to mention it to people.
There was a truck up there, maybe that is why it was unlocked. We actually didn't stay long, my companion was worried about getting locked in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login