Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Gaylor and Granite Lakes

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 21, 2012 02:49PM
I was up at Gaylor Lakes on 6/8. It was a bit windy, but not too bad. It was cool enough to keep polar fleece zipped up and wear gloves in the afternoon. It was kind of cool how the wind blew the trees and water around.

avatar Re: Gaylor and Granite Lakes
June 22, 2012 01:37PM
Between Gaylor and Granite.
Re: Gaylor and Granite Lakes
June 22, 2012 02:03PM
Thanks for sharing. The scenery is beautiful and soothing. There's just so much to do, so little time.

How were the mosquitoes?
June 22, 2012 02:43PM
No mosquitoes at all here. The wind may have blown them away. Mosquitoes weren't too bad 2 weeks ago. They were worst at the Sunrise trail head. They were viciously attacking and it was difficult to keep them out of the car. They disappeared from Sunrise trail head a few days later, for some reason. They were also starting to get bad at Lower Cathedral Lake, but a strong breeze seemed to clear them out for a while.
June 23, 2012 08:01AM
Did you go any further uphill behind Upper Granite Lake or Upper Gaylor Lake?
June 23, 2012 08:08PM
Just went to the lower lakes. Just had a few hours to check it out before heading home. I had to re-visit the area after seeing your awesome picture from above there.
Re: Gaylor and Granite Lakes
June 25, 2012 01:55PM
Not sure if anyone really cares, but when I was at Gaylor Lakes on June 18 it was clear & quite breezy and there were no mosquitoes. Two days later, on the 20th, a hiker I met at dinner told me the mosquitoes were absolutely vicious that day (the 20th). It just depends on where & when the wind blows.

What a fabulous week I had up there, not a cloud in the sky! I didn't have to light the wood burning stove in my tent cabin even once! "Did" Gaylor Lakes, Mono Pass and North Dome (on separate days, of course).

Thanks for all the hiking and travel tips I found on this site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login