Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite falls

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite falls
July 25, 2012 07:46AM
We know that the NPS keeps lots of charts of data (i.e. a record of the opening dates for Tioga road,etc). Just as a matter of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a record of the dates when Yosemite falls stops flowing? As of today 7/25/12, it's down to a trickle and without another summer storm, will be dry by end of the month.
Re: Yosemite falls
July 25, 2012 09:03AM
I have never seen that data but I am sure that there is some somewhere. I did read somewhere this spring that the falls have been running continously since Sept 2010 because of the huge storms during the winter of 2010 and 2011. We were there this weekend and at times only could see water coming over at the top of the falls because it was blending in with the rocks as it went down.
July 25, 2012 01:34PM
I was hiking along the Yosemite Creek Trail yesterday, and it was nowhere near dried up. I suppose that the modest flow could be invisible from the valley, though....
July 25, 2012 03:23PM
It looks the same on the webcam as we saw it from the valley. You can see the water right at the top but then it spreads out from there and blends in with the rocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login