Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Full

Advanced

How's The Camping At Babcock & Ireland Lakes???

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

How's The Camping At Babcock & Ireland Lakes???
October 01, 2012 12:20PM
Originally I planned to do a north rim backpack trip next week (October 8-12) starting at Happy Isles and ending at Yosemite Falls, but with the lack of water on the north rim I am altering the itinerary. I can get a car shuttle so was thinking of going Happy Isles to Merced Lake to Vogelstang To Lyell Canyon and out at Tuolomne. I wanted to possibly camp at Babcock and Ireland Lakes. Anybody have any intel or advice on said trip smiling smiley
avatar Re: How's The Camping At Babcock & Ireland Lakes???
October 02, 2012 03:20AM
calicokat
Originally I planned to do a north rim backpack trip next week (October 8-12) starting at Happy Isles and ending at Yosemite Falls, but with the lack of water on the north rim I am altering the itinerary. I can get a car shuttle so was thinking of going Happy Isles to Merced Lake to Vogelstang To Lyell Canyon and out at Tuolomne. I wanted to possibly camp at Babcock and Ireland Lakes. Anybody have any intel or advice on said trip smiling smiley
Nice spots on the west side of Ireland and some very nice open view sites on the ridge on the east edge of Emeric. I'd chose Emeric over Babcock. If you plan to spend some time in the Vogelsang area then go to Townsley for lunch and take a "stroll" up to Hanging Basket. From Townsley it's a very easy cross country hop over to Ireland. This will save a few miles and give you time to do Hanging Basket.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login