Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

How'd everyone do this morning making Valley campground reservations?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

How'd everyone do this morning making Valley campground reservations?
December 15, 2012 08:00AM
I tried for the week of 5/13 in Lower Pines but was unsuccessful but did some scrambling and was able to pick up some good sites in Lower Pines for the week of 5/6 (midweek). How'd everyone else do?

Does anyone know if the reservation service has changed it's policy this year about putting cancellations back on the computer system immediately? There had been talk over the last couple of years of having cancelled reservations available by phone only some time in the future. Last year they were available on the computer immediately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 09:56AM by mtn man.
Re: How'd everone do this morning making Valley campground reservations?
December 15, 2012 08:07AM
mtn man
I tried for the week of 5/13 in Lower Pines but was unsuccessful but did some scrambling and was able to pick up some good sites in Lower Pines for the week of 5/6 (midweek). How'd everyone else do?

Does anyone know if the reservation service has changed it's policy this year about putting cancellations back on the computer system immediately? There had been talk over the last couple of years of having cancelled reservations available by phone only some time in the future. Last year they were available on the computer immediately.

I answered my own question. Was able to get through to the reservation service and they said the procedures for cancellations have not changed and that they go back onto the computer reservation system usually immediately, but some times up to 24 hrs. later.
Re: How'd everone do this morning making Valley campground reservations?
December 15, 2012 08:54AM
Got what I wanted...first choice...dates and site. At 5 minutes after 7, there were still 23 sites available in Upper Pines. At 7 minutes after 7, I looked at the week prior to what I booked and the site that I chose was still available, for 7 days. There were 42 sites still available in Upper Pines for that week. (But I don't try to get one of the "best" sites...) I did hurry through the payment process to avoid being shut out in case the site crashed like last year (for June, I believe.)

Last year, I cancelled a reservation and the site appeared on the website about 15 minutes later. It may take longer on busy days (on the rez site...)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login