Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Curious how everybody did today with the camping reservations?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Curious how everybody did today with the camping reservations?
February 15, 2013 10:16AM
5 Computers....1 hit....but that's all we needed....and that was at precisely 9:00 CST on the dot...7 days at Upper River. The strange part is that the site logged my wife out seconds after she hit the "Book these Dates" button. Just before going through the relogging steps, she noticed that there was 1 item in her cart...the campsite she was going for.
Re: Curious how everybody did today with the camping reservations?
February 15, 2013 12:49PM
did you go for specific dates or a range?
February 15, 2013 01:32PM
Specific dates and site....
avatar Re: Curious how everybody did today with the camping reservations?
February 15, 2013 03:26PM
Same thing happened to me. Got 2nd choice! But I was logged in with same account in multiple windows hoping to get 1 of several choices. We'll take it.
February 16, 2013 09:38AM
Same thing happened to me last month. I think that it also happened to my sis, but she was too busy trying to get other sites, once she thought she had "lost" the first site, then the one she actually had in her cart timed out.

Better than last year, when the website crashed while I was paying for it and I couldn't get back on in time to save the campsite that was in my cart
February 16, 2013 12:14PM
stuckintexas
5 Computers....1 hit....but that's all we needed....and that was at precisely 9:00 CST on the dot...7 days at Upper River. The strange part is that the site logged my wife out seconds after she hit the "Book these Dates" button. Just before going through the relogging steps, she noticed that there was 1 item in her cart...the campsite she was going for.

They reopened Upper River? When?
February 16, 2013 02:50PM
My mistake....Upper PINES.......stressful morning yesterday.
February 16, 2013 03:49PM
Has anyone ever camped at Sequoia or Kings Canyon? Same craziness to get campsites there also? I would like to camp in Yose at some point, but it seems near impossible to get the site reservations.
February 16, 2013 04:09PM
Paris92
I would like to camp in Yose at some point, but it seems near impossible to get the site reservations.

Do it in April.
February 16, 2013 05:12PM
Paris92

Has anyone ever camped at Sequoia or Kings Canyon? Same craziness to get campsites there also? I would like to camp in Yose at some point, but it seems near impossible to get the site reservations.

There are still sites available in the summer, though just about all the reservable sites in Yosemite Valley during the summer (through Aug. 14th) are probably booked except for some single Monday nights in Upper Pines.

But don't fret. Some campsites that can be subjected to flooding during the spring runoff are held back until the Park Service determines they'll be dry for the season. Also there are still reservable campsites available right now in the Hodgdon Meadow Campground and Wawona. And last summer many campsites in non-reservable first-come, first-served campgrounds were readily available on Friday and even Saturday afternoons in the summer. So if you want to still camp inside Yosemite, there's still a very good chance that you can with some prudent planning (or arriving early during the day in Yosemite) to snag a first-come, first-served campsite.

Personally for me, many of the first-come, first-served campgrounds are preferable than the Yosemite Valley campgrounds during the summer: better sites, not as crowded, more peaceful, easier access to the high country, and not as hot.

February 16, 2013 06:10PM
We have been camping in Yosemite for a week in June the past 9 years and then we head to Kings Canyon/Hume Lake in late July each year. We have tried Lodgepole a couple of times but really like Hume much better. Reservations for those campgrounds are 6 months out but definitely much easier to get than Yosemite. Last month we got our June Yosemite reservations arriving on the 14th until the 21st but our group had 13 computers going and were able to get the 4 sites we needed to accommodate us all.
February 18, 2013 08:27AM
First time booking Yosemite's Upper Pines. Two computers,on time, 5 sites pre picked. Booking July4&5.Got none of the sites I tried for,but got the last site 215 by a bathroom.Watched frantically as sites became unavailible till I found one and was sure my 25ft classC fit.I'm in..... Don't mind the bathroom proximity. Just glad to score a site!!!! Truly the most stressfull computer15 seconds of my life.
February 18, 2013 09:18AM
Kenest6
First time booking Yosemite's Upper Pines. Two computers,on time, 5 sites pre picked. Booking July4&5.Got none of the sites I tried for,but got the last site 215 by a bathroom.Watched frantically as sites became unavailible till I found one and was sure my 25ft classC fit.I'm in..... Don't mind the bathroom proximity. Just glad to score a site!!!! Truly the most stressfull computer15 seconds of my life.

I just happen to have multiple pictures of that site. Would you like me to post them or email them to you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login