Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Badger Bunk Rooms at the Yosemite Lodge???

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Badger Bunk Rooms at the Yosemite Lodge???
February 21, 2013 01:30AM
Noticed on the DNC Yosemite website that one can now book a Badger Bunk Room (it's going for $190 per night).

The Badger Bunk Room is described as:

Badger Bunk Rooms:
These rooms have 1 Full bed and 2 sets of bunk beds that have 1 twin over 1 twin. The Badger Bunk Rooms open to a patio or a balcony and have a private bathroom, dressing area, and activity table. These rooms do not have a telephone or television. (No Rollaways Allowed)

Never heard of this type of room at the Lodge. Is it possible that it's a room that one can stay in at Badger Pass itself?

The only rooms with a patio or balcony at the Lodge have been the Deluxe Lodge Rooms and those rooms have had no bunk beds. The only bunk beds used to be in the "Family Rooms" located on the second floor of the Cedar Cottage at the Lodge. Maybe DNC has converted the rooms of one of the Deluxe Lodge Room cottages like Laurel to have a set of bunk beds and then renamed these rooms Badger Bunk Rooms?

Does anyone know the exact details of this new type of room supposedly available at the Yosemite Lodge?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 01:31AM by plawrence.
avatar Re: Badger Bunk Rooms at the Yosemite Lodge???
February 21, 2013 08:35AM
It's so named because you're madder than a badger, and you exclaim "this is a load of bunk!" when they hand you the bill
for the (inflated) price of this room! grinning smiley

Although I'm primarily a camper, I'm curious about this too.
I have friends who stay at the Lodge, and the scant bit of info I've heard is it's a Lodge room that was not renovated
in any way, just reconfigured with a lot of beds crammed into it.
Sorry I cannot shed more light on it, perhaps a regular Yosemite Lodger can enlighten us as to where and which building?
Re: Badger Bunk Rooms at the Yosemite Lodge???
February 21, 2013 08:53AM
Because some of the tent cabins have closed that were used by the kids going to the Yosemite Institute (Nature Bridge), they turned some of the rooms in Hemlock into what they are calling the Badger Bunk Rooms. They are renting the rooms to the public when Nature Bridge is not using them for their sleep over programs. They took out the TV's, phones and refrigerators in those rooms. The rooms will be turned back into regular rooms once other arrangements have been made and also during the summer. Another note, DNC has been remodeling the Lodge rooms and they all should be completed by next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 09:00AM by parklover.
February 21, 2013 01:29PM
They also put up a big old tent (dare I say Circus Tent ... har har)... in Curry Village Parking Lot.
They are doing construction work in there. Exactly for what. Well... I guess I'll take a look at
yosemitenews.info to find out. The place for Yosemite News and Info. Or so I am told.
tongue sticking out smiley

(my guess is they are fixing up some Curry Village gunk due to some rodent disease)

Chick-on is looking at you!
February 21, 2013 02:03PM
chick-on
(my guess is they are fixing up some Curry Village gunk due to some rodent disease)

In the parking lot?
February 21, 2013 05:00PM
eeek
chick-on

In the parking lot?

The circus tent is housing materials and stuff like table saws.
Well, that is what we saw and heard.

Was going to take a picture... and then I said... who would want to see that?

February 21, 2013 02:38PM
chick-on
They also put up a big old tent (dare I say Circus Tent ... har har)... in Curry Village Parking Lot.
They are doing construction work in there. Exactly for what. Well... I guess I'll take a look at
yosemitenews.info to find out. The place for Yosemite News and Info. Or so I am told.
tongue sticking out smiley

Looked to me like they were building new foundations for tent cabins.
February 21, 2013 04:02PM
I looked in the Circus Tent. Didn't see you.

sad smiley

February 21, 2013 02:47PM
DNC has removed all the "Signature Tent Cabins" from Boystown and are building replacement cabins in their place. The replacement cabins might actually be hard-sided cabins, too!

February 21, 2013 02:51PM
parklover

Because some of the tent cabins have closed that were used by the kids going to the Yosemite Institute (Nature Bridge), they turned some of the rooms in Hemlock into what they are calling the Badger Bunk Rooms. They are renting the rooms to the public when Nature Bridge is not using them for their sleep over programs. They took out the TV's, phones and refrigerators in those rooms. The rooms will be turned back into regular rooms once other arrangements have been made and also during the summer. Another note, DNC has been remodeling the Lodge rooms and they all should be completed by next year.

Thanks for the detail information about the Badger Bunk rooms. I thought the above might have been the case, but I wondered why they would add "Badger" to the description of the rooms. I thought it would probably be either the Laurel or Hemlock cottage that they would have refurnished with the bunks.

February 21, 2013 03:59PM
Maybe because teenagers sometimes act like Badgers? From the Nature Works website on Badger behavior: " It hisses, growls, squeals and snarls. It also releases an unpleasant musk ..........."

Sounds like some teenagers I know. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 04:00PM by parklover.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login