Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (92% of Full)

Advanced

Glacier Point Rd open for biking

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Glacier Point Rd open for biking
April 26, 2013 10:45AM
Glacier Point Road Opens for Biking
Glacier Point Road will be open to bicycles from Friday, April 26 - Sunday, April 29. Yosemite Roads and Forestry Crews will resume their work in the area starting on Monday, April 30; at that time the road will once again be closed to all traffic. The Glacier Point Road from Chinquapin to Badger Pass remains open to Administrative Traffic through the weekend; bicyclists must park at Chinquapin and should expect to encounter vehicles while on this stretch. Bicyclists are urged to use caution and maintain a controlled speed at all times while traveling on this road, equipment and debris may be encountered on the roadway. (K. Killian)
avatar Re: Glacier Point Rd open for biking
April 27, 2013 03:20PM
Um... Monday is the 29th.
Re: Glacier Point Rd open for biking
April 27, 2013 04:47PM
gophersnake
Um... Monday is the 29th.

I copied and pasted this off of the Yosemite Daily Report so I guess that K. Killian did not check the dates correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2013 04:48PM by parklover.
Re: Glacier Point Rd open for biking
April 28, 2013 01:58PM
It's a lovely ride---more climbing than you notice in the car of course. And I will say that if you ride all the way down into the Valley, the tunnel will get your full attention. High speed, low visibility, and the roughest suface you'll ride outside of France.

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login