Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Pointer to General Discussion topic: EARL Backcountry Survival Tablet

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Pointer to General Discussion topic: EARL Backcountry Survival Tablet
May 24, 2013 09:38AM
All!

I'm considering this "Backpacking/Travel/Weather/Backcountry navigation advice" and there have been questions about phones and tablets for use as mapping/GPS devices in this forum, so hopefully you won't mind. But just in case there are folks here who don't read the General Discussion forum*, qumqats posted an article there about Earl, a backcountry navigation/communication device.

Earl was fully funded today, but there are still 17 days left to back it, and get the backers' discount. (It's a risk, yes, but I'm filing this under entertainment budget.)

It's too tasty not to know about, I think. I hope to see Earl succeed and wonder why Garmin or DeLorme didn't do it first... too open for them? grumble.

*It's only had 273 views as I write this...

And my humble thanks to qumqats for tripping over Earl so early and posting it in the first place! Bowing to his greatness
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login