Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Dome Help

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Dome Help
June 10, 2013 08:11AM
Just came back from a great weekend in Yosemite. Spent one night up on North Dome (we climbed snow creek in the 100+ degree temps- yikes) and it was amazing. Being that close to half dome with such a unique view was out of this world. We thought we were not going to get the great evening light because of the storm clouds that rushed in around 5pm but just in time for sunset the clouds broke and we got it all!

I am hoping someone here can help me out with identifying a dome that we could see from there. You can see it in the two photos here. The first one shows it off in the distance to the left. This view is looking over north dome and the corner of half dome is in the lower left of the picture. The second photo shows it again off to the left in the distance, the highest peak. Illilouette falls can be seen in the lower right of the photo.

Is it Mt Starr King?

Help and thanks!

Ok.... well after spending some time I cannot find a way to attach the photos. Reading some of the past comments I gather that I need to have facebook or my photos on a website to share so... I know I am a rare breed that doesn't participate in these things but I won't be able to post the photos. Bummer.

I am going to post anyway because maybe some of you will know just from my description of the photos??
June 10, 2013 08:24AM
Yes it's Starr King.

If you open a gmail account you can easily then open a picasa account.
It's what I use to share photos here.

It's supa dupa simple:
https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/156347?hl=en

You can have all your photos only visible to you and still share some here
if there is any concern.

Glad you had fun. Wuz up on Watkins last weekend. smiling smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Dome Help
June 10, 2013 08:48AM
Ok thanks- glad you could verify by my bad description (I was planning to have the photos attached so the wording made sense).
Also thanks for the tip about posting photos... I just can't see opening another email account to post photos once in awhile.
Oh well.
I love to see all the photos that you and others post~
June 10, 2013 08:43PM
You should do it. It pays well.

June 10, 2013 08:46PM
I don't have a gmail account, and I post pics via picasaweb. My picasaweb account did get auto-converted to a Google+ account, which is not the same thing.
June 10, 2013 08:51PM
Yeah. It's just a "Google Account". Clicky that link... it takes seconds...
It's free... and you can start earning money today!

June 12, 2013 07:53AM
Just for the record.... I've yet to see any cash and prizes for any problems I cause here.
(although Z Old Guy lent me an inflata-pad once when I forgots one... that was purty kewl)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login