Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Mosquito conditions in Tuolumne Meadows?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Mosquito conditions in Tuolumne Meadows?
July 09, 2013 06:00AM
We will be in Tuolumne Meadows on Sunday. What is the mosquito situation?
avatar Re: Mosquito conditions in Tuolumne Meadows?
July 09, 2013 06:56AM
I'm curious as I'll be passing through on Sunday as well. Anyone been there recently?
Re: Mosquito conditions in Tuolumne Meadows?
July 09, 2013 08:58AM
I just got back from 4 days in Tuolumne and the mosquitos were not too bad at all. They were definitely around but seemed to be much less than last July when I was up there.
I did treat some of my clothing with permethrin which I think helped as well while sitting around the campsite and on trail. Didn't have to use any deet at all. Long sleeves and pants were enough, even went with short sleeves at times and didn't have any problems.
July 09, 2013 10:43AM
Thanks for the info!
July 09, 2013 12:45PM
Just got back from tuolomne last night, very few mosquitoes even at dusk.
July 09, 2013 09:44PM
Damselflies and dragonflies have gotten fat and are smiling.

http://www.davidsenesac.com
July 18, 2013 06:39AM
We were in the 'A' loop, site A67 on Sunday to Tuesday morning. We had a little marshy area next to the site; there were mosquitoes. Away from this, there were no mosquitoes.
July 18, 2013 08:43AM
I got back Saturday from a roundtrip hike - Tuolumne Meadows - May Lake - Glen Aulin - Waterwheel Falls - Tuolumne Meadows.

The mosquitos were only a problem on the forested part of the trail between May Lake and Glen Aulin, roughly the last four miles.
July 19, 2013 05:33AM
Just last week did a six day hike through the park. Tolumne Meadows was fine, in fact, I didn't use any repelant at all in 6 days. The campsites near the water at the junction of the Clouds Rest / JMT trails were a little infested, but still not too bad.

Steve
July 23, 2013 09:57PM
Did you do Clouds Rest?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login