Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Short trip report: Eagle Peak and some of the North Rim

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Short trip report: Eagle Peak and some of the North Rim
July 28, 2013 06:51AM
Hi all, my first attempt at posting some pics. This forum is amazing and I saw Chick On's comment about people needing to post so I will be doing so for future hikes! But even for those who havent posted the sharing here is the best forum anywhere and that should be noted! I have a multi-day low mileage hike planned from what i learned here and pics will be coming when i do! Hope this works - had to try Chrome and pics now working. I had to learn how to post pics as i tried in past but had problems but now fixed! Rangers said no water but we found it at few spots on way to El Cap.

Ted

Panoramic from Eagle Peak: (Yosemite Falls on left to Sentinel Dome on right). Scary up here!

On way up the always crowded Yosemite falls trail with lunch at the top of the falls where we have all been many times:

Heading now with my wife toward Eagle Peak and later on this weekend El Capitan.....

Dinner spot as the sun starts to set! thank you guys for advice here!

Night with a full moon w Half Dome and Clouds Rest. Heaven on earth. The view was so incredible had me thinking of the biblical story where Satan told Jesus during the 40 day temptation. All this i will give to you looking down on the world. The view here was so incredible it made me think of that cuz it felt like looking down from heaven. Never have I camped in such an amazing spot.

Some stars that night: if it wasnt a supermoon it would have been even better view...

Next morning after breakfast. Some smoke drifting into the valley from the recent fire. The ranger said could be smoky around eagle peak but we were fine.

Next day over on top of El Cap

Back to Eagle Peak and a few pics including the obligatory foot dangle shot: (weird to look down at yosemite falls on the left and see Nevada in the distance below)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 07:11AM by chick-on.
avatar Re: Short trip report: Eagle Peak and some of the North Rim
July 28, 2013 07:13AM
Mr. Ted.

Tanks

I fixed ur links. Hopefully they work and stay working.

You had stuff like this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4423529604991&l=a535290726

From that page... in windoz... right clicky on faux toe and get properties..
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q83/s720x720/1005096_4423529604991_1123841741_n.jpg

and post in img thingies:

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Short trip report: Eagle Peak and some of the North Rim
July 28, 2013 08:21AM
Thanks Chick On! got it. going forward i will join a photo sharing site too to make sharing easier. Huge thanks again to this forum ...Chick On, Tom Disco, Eeek and others if i remember the names correctly - your postings have been invaluable and have gotten me from a many year day-hiker to now a backpacker and by getting out you see so much more. Due to work i had to delay my Tuolumne to Valley hike i have planned but its coming soon...then doing a 2 nighter w my wife to Sunrise and Clouds Rest in Sept. Will post trip reports when I am able to get out. Cant wait to get back....
July 29, 2013 10:38AM
Great looking trip! Thanks for the report and photos.
July 29, 2013 11:34AM
Ditto!

That looked like a fun trip. The views are simply incredible on the top of Eagle Peak.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login