Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

South Entrance Construction Continues (with delays up to 15 minutes)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar South Entrance Construction Continues (with delays up to 15 minutes)
September 25, 2013 10:57AM
Starting 9/25/13 around South Entrance crews will commence grinding up the existing Wawona Road, so please be aware there will be heavy equipment and truck traffic working on the existing Wawona Road over the next 4-weeks, with up to 15 minute traffic delays. The nighttime crews will be working from 8:00 PM to 6:30 PM with flaggers and pilot car operations. There will also be intermittent daytime delays as crews are working on each side of the existing Wawona Road. This project replaces the existing temporary fee collection booths with three new fee collection booths approximately 350-ft. south of the the current location. Please be aware the Wawona Road conditions will be unpaved with numerous workers and equipment, so be cautious when driving thru this area and remind employees and vendors to observe the posted 20 MPH speed limit around the South Entrance Station area.
avatar Re: South Entrance Construction Continues (with delays up to 15 minutes)
September 25, 2013 02:26PM
Do you know if they will be working on Sundays? I plan to enter the park that way on the afternoon of Oct 6 as well as plany some photo activities in Mariposa Grove and Glacier Point that day. The hours listed also seem odd. 22.5 hours per day? Thanks for any light you can shed. :-)
September 25, 2013 03:43PM
JohnC
Do you know if they will be working on Sundays?

Another report says: "No weekend work is currently planned."

The hours listed also seem odd. 22.5 hours per day?

Time for meals? Or perhaps breaks for employee commute hours.
September 25, 2013 08:57PM
eeek
JohnC
Do you know if they will be working on Sundays?

Another report says: "No weekend work is currently planned."

The hours listed also seem odd. 22.5 hours per day?

Time for meals? Or perhaps breaks for employee commute hours.

Thanks. I looked all over but coudn't find anything elsewhere. Hoping to spend sunset at Glacier Point and then get down to Curry Village to settle in for the night. Would like to avoid any delays at that time. This definitely supports my plan to leve via 120/395 to hope to catch some fall colors on the way back home.
September 26, 2013 04:28PM
JohnC
Hoping to spend sunset at Glacier Point and then get down to Curry Village to settle in for the night. Would like to avoid any delays at that time. This definitely supports my plan to leve via 120/395 to hope to catch some fall colors on the way back home.

You could also hit delays at the Tunnel. But those are all after 8pm.
September 26, 2013 06:51PM
eeek
JohnC
Hoping to spend sunset at Glacier Point and then get down to Curry Village to settle in for the night. Would like to avoid any delays at that time. This definitely supports my plan to leve via 120/395 to hope to catch some fall colors on the way back home.

You could also hit delays at the Tunnel. But those are all after 8pm.

Yeah, it could be borderline getting through the tunnel by 8:00. Sunset is at 6:30 but the best light lasts 30-60 minutes past. I guess I'll have to play it by ear and cross my fingers.
September 26, 2013 10:57PM
JohnC
I guess I'll have to play it by ear and cross my fingers.

Or just deal with the delay. winking smiley
September 27, 2013 03:03PM
eeek
JohnC
I guess I'll have to play it by ear and cross my fingers.

Or just deal with the delay. winking smiley

That's my last preference. Especially if we are talking a hour. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login