Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (54% of Full)

Advanced

Current Conditions - Yosemite falls trail

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Current Conditions - Yosemite falls trail
January 21, 2014 11:48AM
Okay, seems like Hetch Hetchy gets too dark too early. Anyone know what the trail up Yosemite Falls is like now? I want a relatively short mileage winter trip. This is my first winter trip and I'm by myself. Looking for something interesting but that I can bail in the middle of the night and walk back to the car if I can't hack it. winking smiley Is that trail clear of snow? What about ice? Or do ALL Yosemite trails have the potential for ice at the moment?

Thanks.
avatar Re: Current Conditions - Yosemite falls trail
January 21, 2014 01:48PM
The wife bail on you already?

I'd go with assumption that there is snow and ice .. on the trail on the rim if you are going to Eagle Peak Meadows.
It doesn't take a lot of snow to end up as ice with peeps walking on it.
If you get a permit in the valley... there is no question that they can tell you more info.
There had to have been a zillion peeps up that trail last weekend.
yang should tell you their experience...

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,71564,71564#msg-71564

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 21, 2014 02:12PM
The wife was never going, not with a broken ankle! She is "letting" me go however. grinning smiley

I guess I just need to get the micro spikes and ask the rangers when I get there.

Oh yeah, thanks for the thread link. Where is a good place to get micro spikes cheap?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 02:16PM by Hitech.
Re: Current Conditions - Yosemite falls trail
January 23, 2014 10:45PM
I was there last weekend. From valley floor to upper fall, there was no ice or snow. It was like summer time but no crowds. The fall is flowing but not much water.

Please see my update in the link chick-on posted.

Also chick-on, thanks so much for the help.
January 23, 2014 10:47PM
I saw it, thanks very much. Heading up there tomorrow if work permits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login