Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite Travel Tips

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite Travel Tips
June 21, 2014 09:27PM
Tips and tricks from 50 years of loving Yosemite
John Flinn
Updated 8:51 pm, Saturday, June 21, 2014

... It was the best present I've ever gotten. I've been back more than 100 times. I've walked its trails, climbed its walls, bedded down on its fragrant pine needles. I've dodged Yosemite's lightning bolts, lost my dinner to pilfering bears and spent more time than I care to remember looking for someplace to park my car.

So this summer marks a big occasion for me as well as for Yosemite: It's the 150th anniversary of the park's creation and the 50th anniversary of my first visit.

It's the travel destination I know far, far better than any other, and this is as good a time as any to try to pass on some of it. What follows is a biased, incomplete, idiosyncratic sampling of what I've learned about Yosemite over the last five decades.

http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Tips-and-tricks-from-50-years-of-loving-Yosemite-5566166.php?cmpid=hp-hc-travel#page-1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login