Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

No power in park to make reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

No power in park to make reservations
July 21, 2014 01:45PM
Apparently lightning has caused some power failures in the park. Yosemite conservancy tells me that trail reservations are 100% first come first served because there is no internet connection. I don't know how widespread this outage is. I'm going in on Wed; should be interesting in terms of obtaining a permit. Usually not a problem, even same day, for just me, arriving by 11:00 at big Oak Flat. But if I have to go to Tuolumne, hmm....
Re: No power in park to make reservations
July 21, 2014 08:43PM
hegel
Apparently lightning has caused some power failures in the park. Yosemite conservancy tells me that trail reservations are 100% first come first served because there is no internet connection. I don't know how widespread this outage is. I'm going in on Wed; should be interesting in terms of obtaining a permit. Usually not a problem, even same day, for just me, arriving by 11:00 at big Oak Flat. But if I have to go to Tuolumne, hmm....

Are you sure this isn't the problem with the phone cable that goes to all points above Indian Canyon? If so, then only permits north of the Valley would be affected...
See: http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,75468,75468#msg-75468

There is currently no electronic communication with Tuolumne Lodge, Tuolumne ranger station, cell tower, pay phones, etc.
Re: No power in park to make reservations
July 22, 2014 09:31AM
Wherever, you may well be right. My info comes from one brief phone conversation with someone at Yos, Conservancy who seemed awed--even rattled--by the recent thunderstorms. I was asking after a Tuolumne permit, so it's possible that's the only region affected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login