Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Meadow Fire Update

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 16, 2014 01:46PM
Meadow Fire Management of the Meadow Fire is transitioning back to the park and with a smaller organization today. The fire is at 4,772 acres. The fire will be staffed and monitored by wilderness fire modules. Fire updates will continue to be provided. Air quality has improved, however smoke may continue to be visible through the coming days. At the higher elevations smoke from the Lembert and Cathedral fires was also visible due to windy conditions at ridge tops. The entire region is experiencing smoke and hazy conditions from numerous fires statewide, including the communities of Oakhurst, Pollack Pines and Weed. The access to Half Dome remains open.
September 17, 2014 05:22PM
Little Yosemite is now open to camping...Updated Closures and Map.
September 18, 2014 05:02PM
I see that three of the High Sierra Camps were in the closure zone. Did any of the camps sustain any damage?
September 18, 2014 05:14PM
At the link I posted two HSCs are in the closure zone, Merced and Sunrise.

The latest fire perimeter map, at this link, shows a perimeter well away from all HSCs.
September 18, 2014 05:20PM
Oh, I see they pulled it back from Vogelsang.
Re: Meadow Fire Update
September 19, 2014 04:32PM
I just took a quick peek at the El Cap/Turtleback webcam. The visiblilty is awful. What has the air quality been like in the valley?
September 19, 2014 05:12PM
Yosemite Valley AIr Quality

As I post this the graph is showing a day's worth of hourly readings in the "Good" range followed by the most recent reading being in the "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" range. Wonder if the wind just changed direction, it was supposed to be out of the east this weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login