Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Village Sport Shop Will Close January 3

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Village Sport Shop Will Close January 3
November 12, 2015 10:23AM
Ongoing clearance sale at the Village Sport Shop until the store's closing January 3rd, 2016. Everything in the store is 25% off.
avatar Re: Village Sport Shop Will Close January 3
November 12, 2015 10:52AM
Closing for the season, or closing permanently?confused smiley
November 13, 2015 09:13AM
PineCone
Closing for the season, or closing permanently?confused smiley

I'm pretty sure it could be the permanent closure as specified in the Merced River Plan. One should still able to find almost all the gear offered at the Yosemite Sport Shop at the Mountaineering Shop located in Curry Village which will remain open.

Re: Village Sport Shop Will Close January 3
November 15, 2015 11:48AM
AS I'M TOO LAZY TO READ THE MRP, WHAT WITH ALL THESE PROPOSED CHANGES NAD CLOSURES, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF VISITOR IS BEING ENCOURAGED/DISCOURAGED TO VISIT YOSEMITE. OR IS IT JUST CHANGE FOR CHANGE'S SAKE?
PS: WHAT ARE THEYGOING TO DO WITH THE 'DUMP' HIDDEN AWAY WEST OF CAMP4?White flag
November 12, 2015 11:20AM
Possibly just a temporary DNC/Aramark transitional closure?
December 08, 2015 01:22PM
Isn't the store in the village much larger than at Curry?
December 08, 2015 02:29PM
hotrod4x5
Isn't the store in the village much larger than at Curry?

No.

The Curry Village Mountain Shop is larger (I'll estimate about 25% bigger) than the Village Sports Shop, and generally speaking had a better selection of technical outdoor gear. The Yosemite Village Sport Shop had more "touristy" items (like Yosemite-themed all-cotton t-shirts) on sale (along with a selection of technical gear too).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login