Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

2016 campsite purchases

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 16, 2016 09:15AM
does anyone know when campsites go up for sale for the first time? i wan't to get one, but need to know when to look so i have a chance at one. i know right now it is first come first serve, but i wanted to know about later on in the year.

when they go up for sale, how many months do they typically allow you to choose from?

thanks for any help
Re: 2016 campsite purchases
January 16, 2016 11:06AM
Yesterday was the first buy date for 5/15 through 6/14 arrival dates dates for Yos. Valley campgrounds. Here's a pretty good explanation of dates etc. for campground reservations.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm
January 16, 2016 12:03PM
This month (as usual) the entire valley sold out in less than 30 seconds. Next month will repeat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 12:17PM by troutwild.
January 18, 2016 12:18PM
I really messed up by pulling the trigger too soon...nervous knee jerk reaction...clicking the reserve button too early. I had the message that inventory wasn't available and thought I was doomed, but I clicked again and I still got my campsite of choice in Lower Pines. My sister, who hasn't been lucky in years, got her campsite, too.
February 14, 2016 08:16AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can manipulate the system by reserving 7 days with your first day being the last day available, is that correct? That would remove a whole score of dates immediately before the window even opens.
February 15, 2016 08:00AM
hotrod4x5
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can manipulate the system by reserving 7 days with your first day being the last day available, is that correct? That would remove a whole score of dates immediately before the window even opens.
Correct. You can book up to 6 days into the following month's window as many people do.
avatar Re: 2016 campsite purchases
February 14, 2016 02:46PM
don't know how i did it, but i got a site in Upper Pines on May 5th.

i got the reservation on Jan 31, 2016.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login