Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Sunlight hitting Horsetail Falls

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Sunlight hitting Horsetail Falls
February 11, 2016 10:47AM
anyone paying attention as to when it is suppose to happen? i know its typically mid Feb during a two week period... but is anyone up there that has heard anything? recent updates?
Re: Sunlight hitting Horsetail Falls
February 11, 2016 12:03PM
If the fall is flowing and the sky to the west is clear all the way to the coast, then it should already be lighting up at sunset. The light changes as the month progresses, some prefer the way it looks earlier, some prefer how it looks later. I got this shot on Feb 11 two years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 12:03PM by hotrod4x5.
avatar Re: Sunlight hitting Horsetail Falls
February 11, 2016 01:36PM
February 11, 2016 01:38PM
Here is a good article too. http://www.michaelfrye.com/articles/horsetail.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 01:40PM by hotrod4x5.
February 11, 2016 07:46PM
thanks a ton guys! great info!
February 11, 2016 08:27PM
gotta question... its been a very long time since i posted a photo and am having trouble doing it.

i have a site on Photobucket, uploaded my photos, open a photo up, and copy and paste the url.... then i put .

when i do this, it does nothing when i hit preview.. is it suppose to let me see the preview?

also, when it is posted (a couple of days ago it worked) the photo was smaller than what i wanted... it was a big size, but shrunk it down way small.

any help would be appreciated.

btw.... i'm using a Mac (Safari) if that matters.

Like I always say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".

My Yosemite Blog: http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/
February 11, 2016 10:35PM
forrestranger
gotta question... its been a very long time since i posted a photo and am having trouble doing it.

i have a site on Photobucket, uploaded my photos, open a photo up, and copy and paste the url.... then i put .

when i do this, it does nothing when i hit preview.. is it suppose to let me see the preview?

also, when it is posted (a couple of days ago it worked) the photo was smaller than what i wanted... it was a big size, but shrunk it down way small.

I don't use photobucket but assuming you're using a good link for the photo, just click on the little icon of a mountain at the top of the box and paste in your photo url and click OK. The size of the photo will depend on the size it is in the link you provide. You may have to go back to photobucket and find out how they size the links you use.
February 12, 2016 08:57AM
forrestranger

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Linking-and-Embedding-Images On that page you will see the image below. Copy the link in the box called "Direct." Then on this forum, click the Mountain icon, and paste that link into the box.

February 15, 2016 03:02PM
beautiful photo HotRod!!!! very very nice... and thanks a ton for helping me figure out how to post a photo.

here is one i took (i think back in 2003) with a cheap / crappy camera... i was just glad to be there to get it. i had no idea about this until that day when a climber suggested it to me... i just happened to be there on the right day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login