Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Waterfalls

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 01, 2016 09:50AM
i was thinking about going this saturday to the valley floor (June 4, 2016) and wondered if anyone had recent photos or info how the falls are going?

also, has anyone been to Cathedral Picnic area? is the river deep and fast there? or can you wade in the water?

thanks for any help
June 01, 2016 11:18AM
Re: Waterfalls
June 01, 2016 11:58AM
All of the falls in the park are still going strong. From Glacier Point this past weekend you could see there was still plenty of snow in all directions to keep the falls going for quite some time. The Merced River was also still going strong. Didn't stop at Cathedral Picnic area so I can't say if there is anywhere to wade into the water.
June 01, 2016 02:05PM

Nevada Falls last Thursday before the weather got warmer. Mist Trail was relatively damp. By Sunday the river was flowing more and the Mist Trail became a soaking.
June 01, 2016 02:58PM
wow!!! thanks guys, i really appreciate the photos and help.
June 01, 2016 06:22PM
One way to gauge the falls is to look at the Pohono Bridge gauge; http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=11266500

With this heat, it's rising about 6 inches a day.
June 01, 2016 08:03PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login