Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Car Camping in Yosemite on Short Notice

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Car Camping in Yosemite on Short Notice
June 20, 2016 10:10PM
I am new to California and Yosemite. Last weekend I camped on top of Smith Peak which was wonderful! My summer is hopefully filled with more backpacking throughout Yosemite.

Yet, I need some advice on camping in Yosemite on short notice. I am car camping this weekend with family and kids. Is there any best option for the first come first serve park campgrounds? I will be driving in on Friday am and hope to find a place on my first stop. Or can anyone recommend a campground not in the park that is nice and unlikely to be full if I show up on Friday?
avatar Re: Car Camping in Yosemite on Short Notice
June 20, 2016 11:38PM
Your best option as of tonight is simply to book a campsite at the Tuolumne Meadows campground for this upcoming weekend. There are still plenty of reservable campsites available.

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70926

Leave No Trace
Re: Car Camping in Yosemite on Short Notice
June 21, 2016 09:03PM
Thank you! It always takes an expert to point out the most basic resource. I automatically assumed the reserved sights were out of reach and did not even look there.

Thank you for correcting my assumptions. Happy Camping!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login