Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

weather conditions for March 12, 2017

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar weather conditions for March 12, 2017
March 11, 2017 02:01PM
I was wondering if anyone had any photos / knowledge of the weather / road conditions (in the Valley floor) now that it is suppose to be sunny for a while. i was hoping i could take a drive up there tomorrow, but not if i have to have snow chains etc.

thanks for any help
Re: weather conditions for March 12, 2017
March 13, 2017 03:52PM
If you look at the Ahwahnee Meadow cam you can see that there is no snow so I am sure that the valley roads are clear of snow. However when we were there a few weeks ago, there are places on both Northside and Southside Drives that had water running across them and had some potholes like you always see after a winter when Yosemite has gotten this much rain and snow. As for chains, it is mandatory to carry them through the end of March but I doubt if they will be checking if you have them if there are no storms coming in but it is up to you if you want to go without chains. It was cold and snowing when we were there and there was snow on the 41 in places but now it is hot so the snow most likely has melted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login