Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Tree work in Upper and Lower PInes

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tree work in Upper and Lower PInes
April 16, 2017 02:56PM
About a week before my reservation date I got an email from Reserve America stating something to the effect that there was a lot of tree cleaning up and to expect to see on-going work. Well, we certainly saw signs of the work, but didn't actually see any workers. Regardless of the 'mess' we had a wonderful camping experience (again!)

This pic was entering Lower Pines on Mon. Apr. 10.

This was pulling up to the kiosk

Those rings were stacked around the drive of Lower Pines site #50. You could still see the roots of the tree that had fallen from site 55 over onto site 50. (not in this picture)

This is looking over site 47 toward 50. There was a big black section with caution tape around it that I assume is where they burned off branches.

This shot is what it looked like approaching the kiosk to exit Lower Pines.

This is in Uppler Pines looking over sites 196 and 194. I looked eerie. What a mess.

This is walking toward the entrance on the main drive of Upper Pines, in the 120's-130's loop area.

And here are my two grand-daughters standing in front of the tallest stand of logs in the previous pic (I paced them off and they were all approx 40 feet long). Walking along the Upper Pines road I estimated there were 200 of these logs ready to be hauled away.
Re: Tree work in Upper and Lower PInes
April 16, 2017 04:04PM
This should have happened a long time ago. The valley is way overgrown and a lot more trees need to be removed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login