Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

50-foot snow drifts blocking way to Tioga Pass

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar 50-foot snow drifts blocking way to Tioga Pass
April 21, 2017 09:01PM
Crews clearing snow and debris from the Sierra passes between Gardnerville and Yosemite have a long way to go before they open.

http://www.recordcourier.com/news/local/50-foot-snow-drifts-blocking-way-to-tioga-pass/
avatar Re: 50-foot snow drifts blocking way to Tioga Pass
April 27, 2017 11:03AM
So much snow!

I mean, I'm happy about the snow and all. Who doesn't like more drinking water all summer?

But I'm still kinda bummer we're probably going to have to spend our July 4th anniversary somewhere other than Tuolumne Meadows. sad smiley

Friend of the Happy Rock.
April 27, 2017 12:36PM
itchbay
So much snow!

I mean, I'm happy about the snow and all. Who doesn't like more drinking water all summer?

But I'm still kinda bummer we're probably going to have to spend our July 4th anniversary somewhere other than Tuolumne Meadows. sad smiley

There's a good chance you will be able to spend the day there, but I doubt that the campground or lodge will be open by then (though, crossing-fingers, that might still be possible though not probable).

Leave No Trace
April 27, 2017 02:10PM
We've booked camping spots elsewhere (Richardson Grove, up north), but will keep an eye on conditions.

Last year we camped in Inyo in the Junction campground, and I'm kinda thinking it might be my new favorite FCFS camping option on Tioga Road. Of course, it's at a higher elevation than Tuolumne Meadows campground, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Friend of the Happy Rock.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login