Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Upper Pines- Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines- Yosemite
March 05, 2018 09:25PM
Anyone know if a 24feet trailer would have a problem getting into site #90. We know pad length is 24 feet but equipment length shows 12feet. Do any of you have any pics on the site? i only found two and i cant see the surrounding. Called the park they will not turn us back if we get into site but our concern is maneuvering into. Also, we are scheduled for June 25th through 29th 4 nights anyone willing to trade sites?
avatar Re: Upper Pines- Yosemite
March 06, 2018 11:46AM
Looks like a 24' would fit. You can hang the end of the trailer past the pad as long as the wheels are on the pad. Here is a photo:

https://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/ca/upper-pines/photos/upper-pines-090

Best of luck.
Re: Upper Pines- Yosemite
March 07, 2018 10:48AM
How long is your tow vehicle and is your trailer 24' including the trailer tongue?
March 09, 2018 08:53PM
Hello. Thank you for your interest. My trailer is 23 ft. plus an additional 3ft for the hitch for a total of 26 ft. My tow vehicle is a Toyota Tundra, 16ft. As my wife mentioned earlier, the tow vehicle is going to be parked in the over flow parking lot, which the park ranger said it's ok to do.
avatar Re: Upper Pines- Yosemite
March 07, 2018 01:20PM
Here is another pic: LINK

It looks like a very narrow site, and even if you back your trailer until your wheels hit the back blocks you may not have enough room for your tow vehicle to park sideways at the front of the pad (and not be hanging over into the road).

As far as backing in, the site will be on your right as you drive by, stop, and then back in.. There is that one tree next to the pad on the right side that you would have to watch as you swing in, but it looks like you should have plenty of space on the left side to 'jocky' it into position.

Steve
March 08, 2018 01:27PM
Thank you so much for the info! Not to worried about our tow vehicle since we would park it in overflow parking

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 01:39PM by Hector.
March 08, 2018 05:10PM
OK, that's good the tow vehicle is going elsewhere. You should, if you are adept at backing a trailer, get it in there. Here's a you tube video showing the approach to your campsite. It is on the left, the campsite just past the one with the green tent, On the video its about at time frame 4:46. There's a high bumper at the back of the pad but if you bring some flat boards with you you can raise up the wheels/axles on your trailer to raise the back of the trailer over that bumper, although you probably won't need to do so if you are parking your tow vehicle elsewhere. Sometimes you can approach a camper at a double wide campsite near you who is only a tenter and only needs one half of the pad to park his/her car, and offer them a few bucks or whatever to park your tow vehicle in the other half of the pad close to your site. I have a chart that says your site is 30 ft. deep but after looking at the pics. I'm not so sure its that deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPLjRmRoYIU
March 09, 2018 08:47PM
Thank you very much for responding. After reading all the replies I think we're going to give it a shot. I'm pretty confident backing up the trailer, but my only concern is having a large truck in front of the campsite site that may make it difficult to turn the trailer into the campsite. Will see!
March 20, 2018 10:00AM
Let me just say...that video makes everything look more spacious than it really is. I have stayed across from #90 several times (and will this year again) and on either side, but I just can't recall the approach.

Last year I got site just opposite this one, across the inside loop, for my sister and they weren't able to fit in between two pine trees to get into their site because there was a drainage ditch across from them. They only had a 21 foot motorhome, so when I reserved it I thought there'd be no problem.

edit...#90 will be on your LEFT side as you drive past to back in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 10:04AM by hikerchick395.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login