Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Horsetail Fall Parking

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 19, 2019 11:17AM
The Horsetail Fall Event in Yosemite Valley will last from approximately Tuesday Feb 12, 2019 thru Sunday Feb 24, 2019. Public notification of the event will be by variable message boards located on Southside Dr at El Cap Cross, and on Northside Dr at Camp 4. While the event is active, the following restrictions apply:
  • Stopping or parking on Southside Dr between El Capitan Crossover and Swinging Bridge is prohibited.
  • All pullouts along Southside Dr between El Capitan Crossover and Swinging Bridge are closed.
  • Roadside parking along Southside Dr between El Capitan Crossover and Swinging Bridge is prohibited.
  • Southside Dr between El Capitan Crossover and Swinging Bridge is closed to pedestrians.
  • The Cathedral Beach Picnic Area is closed.
  • The Sentinel Beach Picnic Area is closed.
  • Stopping or parking on El Capitan Crossover is prohibited.
  • Roadside parking along El Capitan Crossover is prohibited.
  • The number 2 lane (right, northern lane) of Northside Dr between Camp 4 and El Capitan Crossover is closed to all vehicles.
  • Stopping or parking on Northside Dr between Camp 4 and El Capitan Crossover is prohibited.
  • All pullouts along Northside Dr between Camp 4 and El Capitan Crossover are closed.
  • Roadside parking along Northside Dr between Camp 4 and El Capitan Crossover is prohibited.
  • El Cap Picnic Area is closed to all vehicles except vehicles displaying an ADA placard.
  • The speed limit along Northside Dr between Camp 4 to El Cap Cross is 25 MPH unless posted otherwise.
Added restrictions on vehicles and pedestrians along Southside Dr and Northside Dr during the Horsetail Fall Event are necessary to protect the roadside resource and for pedestrian safety.
avatar Re: Horsetail Fall Parking
February 19, 2019 11:54AM
Sooooo there is no place to park. lol
avatar Re: Horsetail Fall Parking
February 19, 2019 09:52PM
I'm leaving early in the AM tomorrow (Wed) to go up there, but not for Horsetail. I'm wondering if all this weather will cause any changes to the posted rules. The weather has put a rather large crimp in the Horsetail opportunity so far this year. Either way I'm hoping the parking on Southside Drive near Cathedral Beach will be allowed earlier in the day. I like photographing there in the morning and I hate lugging my gear any further than I have to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login