Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Tuolumne Meadows hikers shuttle bus

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne Meadows hikers shuttle bus
April 15, 2019 09:36PM
Ok I asked this question last year at this time but because of health reasons I was not able to make it to Tuolumne Meadows last yr. Hopefully I can make it this yr. So, did the hikers shuttle bus operate last year and if not did it create a lot of problems such as parking at trail heads. And does anybody know if it will be operating this year?
Re: Tuolumne Meadows hikers shuttle bus
April 16, 2019 02:28AM
Jimbo, here's last year's thread: https://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?17,92406,92406.

It did NOT operate last year, despite statements in Yosemite Today and elsewhere that it operated. Can't testify as to whether or not this resulted in more trailhead parking congestion, as I was dropped off and picked up at my trailhead and didn't pay attention to the parking situation.

I did write a letter to the superintendent about it, and many months later got a bureaucratic reply, both of which I hope to eventually get around to sharing. The gist of the reply: Aramark isn't contractually bound to run the shuttle and we're not pressuring them to do so.

Given other snippets we've heard about Aramark in forum (like thinking they need to shift people from Badger to White Wolf at this time of year), I wouldn't count on them running it this summer either, even for the presumably short season that the TM area will be open to vehicles this year.
April 21, 2019 09:20AM
Can a private company (other than the concessionaire, or in addition to something they might offer) operate a hiker bus in the park?
April 22, 2019 04:49AM
rpf123
Can a private company (other than the concessionaire, or in addition to something they might offer) operate a hiker bus in the park?
My guess is no. Aramark has the rights to concessions in the park.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login