Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Sign Board

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Sign Board
March 30, 2020 11:23AM
This sign used to be near the approach to the south entrance. Anyone know what happened to it? And are there any plans to replace? Other National Parks have entrance signs. Why not Yosemite?

Re: Sign Board
March 30, 2020 05:34PM
I have been wondering that for years. I did ask once at the entrance station but the ranger didn't know where the sign now is and if it will be put back. There is that entrance sign right at the park boundary which is one of those that are on a pole. Unfortunately, there is no pull off next to it so you can't safely take a picture with it. However, I have seen people hanging off of it while others take their picture while standing in the road. At every national park we go to we take a picture of us with the sign and also our car in front of the sign so I wish Yosemite would put that one back. There is a nice big sign at the Big Oak Flat entrance at the entrance of the parking lot for the small visitor center they have there.
March 31, 2020 03:48PM
I also asked at the entrance. I got the same reply. When the park reopens I guess I'll try the visitor center and see if they have any info. Maybe they'll also know something about the Ahwahnee sign that disappeared during the naming rights controversy.
March 31, 2020 05:03PM
Next time, I will ask again. Might have to ask someone in administration. It is believed that someone stole the Ahwahnee sign. I am sure if the park had it, they would have put it back when they got the names back. I wonder if the person who stole it understands that it is a federal offence and is afraid to bring it back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login