Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite is closing

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 17, 2020 02:08PM
Yosemite National Park announces that the park will close to all visitors and vehicular access due to significant smoke impacts and hazardous air quality throughout the park. All park entrance stations and roads will close beginning at 5:00 pm tonight, Thursday, September 17, 2020.

With air quality projected to be in the unhealthy to hazardous range over the next several days, the park anticipates the closure to be in effect at least throughout the weekend. The park will continue to assess the smoke impacts, air quality index, and fire activity throughout the region. Yosemite National Park will reopen to visitors when conditions improve, and it is safe for visitors and employees to be in Yosemite National Park.

Yosemite National Park's closure is in alignment with the closure of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and the surrounding national forests.

For detailed information on current air quality and smoke impacts, please visit https://fire.airnow.gov/?lat=37.672508866650354&lng=-119.80573
Re: Yosemite is closing
September 17, 2020 04:34PM
Just got my upper Pines reservations refunded for Sunday night and Monday Night (nites of the 20th and the 21st) So looks like its closed till at least tuesday,
Re: Yosemite is closing
September 17, 2020 06:23PM
Kings finally closed today too..

Both took longer than I’d expected...

We got an email message from Yos Conservancy for our backpacking trip starting today... if we’d actually gone, we would have already been hiking by the time it arrived. We carry InReach minis tho, so pretty sure one of our friends would have said something!!! At least, I’d hope they would!

Breaking my heart, all this...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login