All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite Valley "resupply"?
August 05, 2009 06:57AM
I am planning to hike the JMT south-to-north starting Aug. 24. I will have someone drop me off at Whitney Portal and am planning to take YARTS and the train back to Southern California. I would like to send a package containing clothes, etc., to somewhere in the Valley. Obviously, the first thing that comes to mind is the Post Office. However, the limited hours could prove a problem. Does anyone know if there is anywhere else in the Valley that will receive and hold a package for a JMT hiker?
avatar Re: Yosemite Valley "resupply"?
August 05, 2009 04:02PM
I've always heard of people using the post office. You might try calling the lodge and/or Curry and see if they can do it for you.
August 05, 2009 05:25PM
There is also a post office up in Tuolumne Meadows (same 'building' as the general store) if the operating hours work better for you than the one in the valley.

In addition, I can recall reading at least two accounts where people have gotten their packages there "after hours" by nicely asking the people manning the store.
August 06, 2009 11:49AM
Good ideas - thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login