All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 06, 2009 07:18PM
Some time ago there was discussion regarding an article written by an author describing his trip to Glen Aulin and how he could see Matterhorn Peak from the trail. I took a zoom photo of what he saw (sorry I don't have a copy for you yet) and what he saw was really three peaks slightly further north on compass heading. They are Stanton Peak and Grey Peak with a tiny glimpse of Virginia Peak between them. He also said he could see Mt. Conness. I did not photograph that but believe you can indeed see a small portion of it.

Some of the confusion, if memory serves me, is that he could see these mountains from the wooden bridge on the way to Glen Aulin. That simply is not true. You have to go below the bridge where it opens up.

Jim
August 06, 2009 08:29PM
But could he see Turlock from there?
August 06, 2009 08:45PM
eeek,

Possibly, but I'm not going there.

Jim
August 06, 2009 08:48PM
tomdisco
eeek,
Jim

If it was a choice between Turlock and Nevada, you would.
[Intelligent life has been found in Turlock.]
August 06, 2009 09:06PM
szalkowski
tomdisco
eeek,
Jim

If it was a choice between Turlock and Nevada, you would.
[Intelligent life has been found in Turlock.]

You mean a stray dog?

Jim
August 06, 2009 09:20PM
tomdisco
Some of the confusion, if memory serves me, is that he could see these mountains from the wooden bridge on the way to Glen Aulin. That simply is not true. You have to go below the bridge where it opens up.
Jim

Yup. That was the point I made. And it's Grey Butte. Not Grey Peak. b/c of the name I was seriously considering hiking up it and
taking a picture of Chick-on butt on Grey Butte. But I went up Stanton and Virginia instead.

Ooooga Boooga
August 07, 2009 04:38AM
bill-e-g,

Grey Butte. I stand corrected. Grey Peak, actually Gray Peak, is on the south side of the park.

Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login