All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Unique Little Yosemite Valley excursions
August 10, 2009 07:52PM
I'm headed to Little Yosemite Valley via the Mono Meadow trailhead with my college age daughter on her first backpacking trip. We're planning to enjoy four days around the spectacular scenery of LYV, and for sure we expect to see many hikers on their way to Half Dome, etc. We're interested in finding a few spots that would avoid some of the crowds, like hiking to the top of Liberty Cap, maybe seeking Ansel Adams' tripod holes at the Diving Board (thanks summitpost.com for directions!), and along the Merced below Bunnell Point.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Re: Unique Little Yosemite Valley excursions
August 11, 2009 10:14AM
Clouds Rest, Sierra Point, Bunnell Cascades... I like to sit at the top of Nevada Falls and watch people. There's also the little side trip down to the overlook alongside Nevada Falls - look for the handrail to the right along the dropoff.

The biggest way to avoid crowds is to camp at the junction of the Clouds Rest spur trail or to camp up the valley from LYV campground. That place is always busy and the bears are especially bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login