Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Re: SEKI: Significant Marijuana Plantation Eradicated

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar SEKI: Significant Marijuana Plantation Eradicated
August 13, 2009 03:19PM
Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (CA)
Significant Marijuana Plantation Eradicated

On Wednesday, August 5th, Sequoia/Kings Canyon rangers, a Pacific West Region special agent and a Yosemite ranger raided a marijuana plantation located near the northwest boundary of Sequoia National Park at an elevation of 6,000 feet. This grow site was the highest in elevation raided within Sequoia National Park to date. The tactical team was inserted near the site via short haul. The growers established this site in extremely steep terrain, causing a severe amount of damage to the area. Ninety-five percent of the trash, hose, hazmat and plant materials brought into the site, weighing approximately 1,000 pounds, was flown out by helicopter at the end of the day. As a result of the raid, more than 3,500 plants were seized with an estimated street value of more than $14,000,000. An investigation is underway.
Re: SEKI: Significant Marijuana Plantation Eradicated
August 13, 2009 05:21PM
Guess I won't be able to explore those remote sequoia groves any more. I'll just have to stick to Muir Grove and not go any further. Does anyone know where exactly this raid took place?
avatar Re: SEKI: Significant Marijuana Plantation Eradicated
August 13, 2009 05:28PM
rightstar76
Guess I won't be able to explore those remote sequoia groves any more. I'll just have to stick to Muir Grove and not go any further. Does anyone know where exactly this raid took place?

It wouldn't have been close to any grove. I think most of these growers stay away from any place with established trails. They don't want to be found
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login