All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 22, 2009 02:18PM
the one by Yosemite Village... i've eaten there a number of times and have noticed that "most" (not all) of the cooks, workers there seriously look like ex-cons, or not so overly bright people... i'm not saying this to make fun of anyone, but it's something pretty noticable when i go there... a lady standing in line behind me even made a simular comment to her friend.. is it that hard to find help there?
avatar Re: Degnan's Loft (eatery)
August 22, 2009 02:54PM
It's what you get when you don't want to pay anything reasonable.
Re: Degnan's Loft (eatery)
December 05, 2010 07:07AM
Pay is low and you are shoehorned into a tiny dorm type room in which to live. The only saving grace is you get to live in Yosemite.

I've looked often at the job listings in Yosemite. I wouldn't want to live in a dorm type room and I do have a 5th wheel trailer that I am paying for that I would prefer to live in, but not so sure there are choices to park it and work in the park. I haven't really done any serious research into trailer parks that rent monthly sites.

I was talking to one of the shuttle bus drivers once and he said he lived in Mariposa, so I guess some of the workers are paid a decent enough wage to live outside the park. He had been doing it for quite a while, so his seniority hopefully equaled higher pay.
avatar Re: Degnan's Loft (eatery)
December 05, 2010 08:46AM
Forrest, the service industry doesn't normally hire rocket scientists...
go to ur local Taco Bell in Manteca and report back.
smiling smiley

That being said, I'm a big fan of The Loft at Yosemite Village. Was bummed
it had already closed for the season when we tried going there early Oct.
Had to go to the Za joint at Curry.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login