Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Tioga Road to re-open

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 05, 2009 07:32PM
Beginning Sunday at 8 am, Crane Flat, White Wolf, Tuolumne Meadows accessible via Hwy 120 from west and east.
avatar Re: Tioga Road to re-open
September 06, 2009 08:27AM
I've seen nothing on this yet but does anyone have an idea of when the section of El Portal Rd leading into the Valley might open?
September 06, 2009 09:01AM
girdog,

I don't believe this portion was ever closed. I think the highway from Mariposa through El Portal into the Valley is open.

Jim
September 06, 2009 10:13AM
Doh!!! I have that picture for a reason....I meant Big Oak Flat Rd past Crane Flat into the Valley.
September 06, 2009 01:16PM
girdog
Doh!!! I have that picture for a reason....I meant Big Oak Flat Rd past Crane Flat into the Valley.

It'll open when they deem it to be safe. Hazard trees have to be dealt with.
Re: Tioga Road to re-open
September 06, 2009 02:14PM
I hope the road opens from the valley to Crane Flat by Sunday next week. I'm hopin to park at Catherdral Lakes Thurs and hike down to the valley and grab a YARTS back up to the car on Sunday the 13th....
September 06, 2009 02:23PM
They're working on it:

Fire crews continue to work aggressively on falling hazardous trees along the Big Oak Flat Road. Utility crews have entered the area to repair and restore critical infrastructure to Yosemite National Park and surrounding communities. Some smoke may be visible as vegetation within the containment lines continues to burn.

http://inciweb.org/incident/1869/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login