All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite's Buffalo Soldiers
September 16, 2009 02:16PM
Apologies if this has been posted before, search didn't turn up anything. If you're on dialup just hit play, then pause, go do something else for a while, come back and play it. This is great stuff.

Can't wait for Ken Burns' NP series coming up Sept. 27.

avatar Re: Yosemite's Buffalo Soldiers
September 16, 2009 06:04PM
I've never seen Ranger Johnson in that full outfit before. I've met him several times and even talked to him about his side project.

He's done that interpretive work before visiting schools and museums over California. I think he's also won several awards as a result.

I did see a ranger walk and talk on Buffalo Soldiers at the Presidio of San Francisco - hosted by Rik Penn of GGNRA. The content included video of Ranger Johnson at one of the museum events he did in Oakland (I think) as well as descriptions of the ride from San Francisco to the Sierra.
avatar Re: Yosemite's Buffalo Soldiers
September 16, 2009 06:23PM
y_p_w
I've never seen Ranger Johnson in that full outfit before. I've met him several times and even talked to him about his side project.

He's done that interpretive work before visiting schools and museums over California. I think he's also won several awards as a result.

I did see a ranger walk and talk on Buffalo Soldiers at the Presidio of San Francisco - hosted by Rik Penn of GGNRA. The content included video of Ranger Johnson at one of the museum events he did in Oakland (I think) as well as descriptions of the ride from San Francisco to the Sierra.

Excellent. Thanks for this post. I hope Ranger J is featured prominently in Ken Burns' effort. Totally can't wait to see this. Ten more days!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login