Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: how crowded are trails around Yosmite this time of year

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

how crowded are trails around Yosmite this time of year
September 17, 2009 01:41PM
im taking a backpacking trip next week and i will be around LYV and Merced lake and i would like to know what i should expect as far as crowds and how they have been in general in Yosemite all year
September 17, 2009 03:37PM
Since park concessionaire has pretty much shut down, you might have some company on the mist trail on weekends, but nothing like it gets in the summer. Won't be tour buses til next spring.
avatar Re: how crowded are trails around Yosmite this time of year
September 17, 2009 04:52PM
fliflit,

Do you have something against proper capitalization, punctuation, and sentences that have a beginning and ending? Sorry, but I could not resist. This is not a text message site.

Jim
September 17, 2009 04:58PM
tomdisco
fliflit,

Do you have something against proper capitalization, punctuation, and sentences that have a beginning and ending? Sorry, but I could not resist. This is not a text message site.

Jim

check out archy and mehitabel at:
http://www.donmarquis.com/archy/

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
September 17, 2009 06:34PM
"Archy's dispatches are written lowercase, and without punctuation, because he is unable to hit both shift and letter keys to produce a capital letter."

Old Dude
September 17, 2009 07:26PM
mrcondron
"Archy's dispatches are written lowercase, and without punctuation, because he is unable to hit both shift and letter keys to produce a capital letter."

Is this a genetic defect among a few humans?

Jim
September 17, 2009 07:35PM
tomdisco
mrcondron

Jim

Actually, Archy was a cockroach. Very famous newspaper column many years ago.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
September 18, 2009 06:02AM
Frank Furter
tomdisco
mrcondron

Jim

Actually, Archy was a cockroach. Very famous newspaper column many years ago.

Frank,

Yes, I get that. I was just being sarcastic wondering if humans can blame the same annoying practice on genetics -vs- bad habits. Anyway, I've steered this thread off the original Yosemite topic. My wife can't believe I had the effrontry to correct somebody's grammar so the schoolmaster will drop it (for now).

Jim
September 17, 2009 10:00PM
flifet,
Even though you are getting a hard time be aware that people are looking out for you.
If you could respond to your previous post that would be appropriate.

In answer to your question you will see few people on the weekdays after you get
beyond LYV, Half Dome Trail, and Clouds Rest Trail Jct. at this time of year.
September 18, 2009 09:24AM
I hiked to Mono Pass this time last year and did not see a single person. Hiked to Clouds Rest and saw maybe 5-6 people. Kinda ghost-town feeling when you hike to a High Sierra camp -- everything is taken down, ready to be hauled out by the mules, a few buildings sometimes but nobody around.
September 18, 2009 10:17AM
Thank you, to the respectfully people that were more interested in answering a question than attempting to diminish my punctuation
September 18, 2009 11:33AM
One of the problems encountered in communications on sites such as this (Yosemite being a world-famous destination) is that people, not observing any information to the contrary, assume that the language used in the posted message is the person's primary language. The possiblity that this is an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) or ESL (English as a Second Language) communication is, without said information, generally dismissed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login