All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Protest Rally TOMORROW at O'Shaughnessy Dam @ 1:00
September 18, 2009 11:50AM
PRESS ADVISORY
September 18, 2009

Executive Director, Restore Hetch Hetchy
(415) 956-0401 office
(415) 297-8382 cell
mike@hetchhetchy.org

WHAT: Rally for Restoration!

WHERE: O’Shaugnessy Dam, Hetch Hetchy Valley
Yosemite National Park

WHEN: September 19, 1:00 PM

FEATURED
SPEAKERS:Actor Lee Stetson as John Muir
Mike Marshall, Executive Director of Restore Hetch Hetchy
Reverend John Saville, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Corona, Ca. & participant in Muir’s March

WHY: Fifty activists will turn out to rally for the restoration of the Hetch Hetchy Valley and to greet the 13 marchers participating in Muir’s March (www.muirsmarch.dojiggy.com). The purpose of Muir’s March was to raise awareness and money for Restore Hetch Hetchy (www.hetchhetchy.org), the national advocacy campaign to bring the Hetch Hetchy Valley back to life. Muir’s Marchers hiked for 7 days (Sept. 13-19) from Tuolumne Meadows to the O’Shaughnessy Dam.

Prior to participating in the event, Muir’s Marchers raised $20,585 from more than 150 supporters.

MUIR’S MARCH IN THE NEWS!

Press Enterprise: http://www.pe.com/localnews/opinion/localviews/stories/PE_OpEd_Opinion_S_op_06_saville_loc.44ba040.html

Greater Fresno Examiner:
http://www.examiner.com/x-15574-Greater-Fresno-Examiner~y2009m8d12-Muirs-March-Hetch-Hetchy-Valley

San Francisco Examiner:
http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/under-the-dome/59083252.html
avatar Re: Protest Rally TOMORROW at O'Shaughnessy Dam @ 1:00
September 18, 2009 01:58PM
You'll have to get Feinstein and Pelosi out of office first for the restoration to happen.
Re: Protest Rally TOMORROW at O'Shaughnessy Dam @ 1:00
September 18, 2009 02:15PM
I'm confident that when the good people of San Francisco vote to move the reservoir and bring the valley back to life that Sen. Feinstein & Speaker Pelosi will follow their constitutents lead.
September 18, 2009 02:54PM
Restore Hetch Hetchy
I'm confident that when the good people of San Francisco vote to move the reservoir and bring the valley back to life that Sen. Feinstein & Speaker Pelosi will follow their constitutents lead.

Let's hope. However, Feinstein is on record stating that Hetch Hetchy's dam will stay in place. Not sure what Pelosi thinks...she seems to drift in the wind lately.
September 18, 2009 04:33PM
Meester Restore,
Eye wanna no why no one ever mentions Lake Eleanor.
It's in the park. It's has a dam. It's beautiful.
Why not Protest that too? Should be easy to remove. Remove it or leave it drained and see what nature does.
Then move to Hetch Hetchy.
If I take the reservoir half full approach I can see the dam being removed an one environmental "disaster"
turning into another one will huge pressure to "develop" the valley. You could convince me to jump
aboard if it was GUARANTEED that NO development of HH valley would occur after the dam is
removed beside hiking trails. Period. THAT would be restoration. Anything else is ruse IMO.

Chickon Boo

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login