Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Music Fest Near Hetch Hetchy Results In Many Drug Arrests

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Music Fest Near Hetch Hetchy Results In Many Drug Arrests
September 28, 2009 05:56AM
Yosemite National Park (CA)
Music Fest Near Hetch Hetchy Results In Many Drug Arrests

Over the six-day period from September 17th to September 22nd, there was a significant increase in drug-related arrests throughout the park. A majority of these were related to the Symbiosis Gathering music festival that occurred on lands adjacent to the park near the Hetch Hetchy entrance. A shift in the park's existing staffing levels on the days during which the event occurred resulted in 23 misdemeanor arrests for possession of controlled substances, including hallucinogenic mushrooms, amphetamines, LSD, cocaine, ecstasy, opiates, hydrocodone, nitrous oxide and large amounts of marijuana. One incident in which a driver failed to pay for or show proof of entrance into the park led rangers on a slow speed pursuit through the park and down a rugged dirt road. When the driver finally stopped but refused to follow rangers' instructions, she was taken into custody after a taser deployment. A vehicle search revealed hallucinogenic mushrooms, marijuana and also, ironically, a valid entrance pass. Though the festival ended officially at noon on Monday, September 21st, many participants were still in the area early last week and generating cases within the park. [Submitted by Sally Sprouse, Mather District Ranger]

{The image of someone dragging around a 20-100 pound cylinder of nitrous oxide suggests a Cheech and Chong routine.}

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Music Fest Near Hetch Hetchy Results In Many Drug Arrests
September 28, 2009 04:28PM
Frank Furter

{The image of someone dragging around a 20-100 pound cylinder of nitrous oxide suggests a Cheech and Chong routine.}

Maybe she's a dentist by trade.
September 28, 2009 04:45PM
I wonder if the "slow speed pursuit" by the rangers seemed much faster to the driver!

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
September 28, 2009 05:04PM
I'm not sure why you would have to taser someone high on shrooms. How about just a simple flick of a finger?
October 01, 2009 08:25AM
Vince
I'm not sure why you would have to taser someone high on shrooms. How about just a simple flick of a finger?

Hahaha... or maybe just use a scary voice?
October 01, 2009 11:43AM
dqniel
Vince

Hahaha... or maybe just use a scary voice?

One night at Deep Creek Hot Springs I lobbed a light stick into a pool. The people there really freaked out; turned out they had eaten some of that fungus.
Re: Music Fest Near Hetch Hetchy Results In Many Drug Arrests
October 06, 2009 07:52AM
Yeah, all you have to do is drive through there with the window down to get baked.... I was hiking at Hetch Hetchy while the first music festival was going on earlier this year, I think it was no coincidence that there were two accidents involving motorcycles going off the road near that festival.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login