All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Eastern Sierra hikers asked to keep eyes peeled for Karma, the red-tailed hawk
November 10, 2009 03:48PM
Hikers, birders and other visitors to the Eastern Sierra are encouraged to be on the lookout for Karma, an adult male red-tailed hawk that for the past two-plus years had resided at the Eastern Sierra Wildlife Care facility in Bishop.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/11/karma-the-redtailed-hawk-.html
Re: Eastern Sierra hikers asked to keep eyes peeled for Karma, the red-tailed hawk
November 10, 2009 04:18PM
I guess he went looking for his own karma.
Re: Eastern Sierra hikers asked to keep eyes peeled for Karma, the red-tailed hawk
November 10, 2009 04:53PM
OK, so long as he doesn't catch & eat my Dogma.
avatar Re: Eastern Sierra hikers asked to keep eyes peeled for Karma, the red-tailed hawk
November 10, 2009 06:38PM
Initially I thought that he may have had migration urges.
However, it looks like Red Tail Hawks do not migrate annually in the the southern-western US.
Is there a RTH rut?
Could he have decided to head for the Big City?
Chick-on needs to watch out!

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Eastern Sierra hikers asked to keep eyes peeled for Karma, the red-tailed hawk
November 10, 2009 07:59PM
Chick-on just might go for a big buck Red Tail.

Old Dude
Interesting. I saw a hawk perched in a tree just off the road on the way up to the Big Pine Creek trailhead this afternoon. I'll keep an eye out in my travels...

Poor thing. I've seen this majestic bird of prey up close and it is amazing.
November 10, 2009 08:03PM
MooseTracks
I've seen this majestic bird of prey up close and it is amazing.

This one didn't seem to mind me getting close:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/yosemite/cr-pa050008.jpg.html
November 10, 2009 08:04PM
eeek, the new red meat.

Old Dude
November 10, 2009 08:10PM
mrcondron
eeek, the new red meat.

You sure it isn't a Chick-on hawk?

November 11, 2009 01:59AM
AlmostThere
I guess he went looking for his own karma.

... or considered it his dharma to return to the wild.
November 11, 2009 06:22AM
While on the topic of karma and dharma:
This guy is pretty funny:
Swami Beyondananda

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login