Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Come And Get It!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 14, 2009 07:20AM
This movie had its moments

November 14, 2009 07:20AM
Ahwanee in the background?
November 17, 2009 06:20PM
HA !!!!!!!!!

Oh, that was great!!!

Gee, that's one of Upper (or Lower ...?) Pines' more spacious campsites, I guess ...

I didn't hear the usual camp neighbor ruckus either ...

And if that's U.P. campground, man the air is sure clear there ... I don't see any of those typical waves of campfire smoke clogging the air!

I've had beans out in camp a few times ... can't say I ever "seasoned" them they way McCoy does there!

Bourbon and beans ... man that's some potent gas ... talk about flammable!

Good ole' Deforest Kelly ... miss him

I'm wondering who was the other ST actor that died a year or two ago ...? was it Walter Koenig? (Scotty)

Michael
Anvanho
November 18, 2009 09:41AM
Anvanho
HA !!!!!!!!!

Oh, that was great!!!

Gee, that's one of Upper (or Lower ...?) Pines' more spacious campsites, I guess ...

I didn't hear the usual camp neighbor ruckus either ...

And if that's U.P. campground, man the air is sure clear there ... I don't see any of those typical waves of campfire smoke clogging the air!

I've had beans out in camp a few times ... can't say I ever "seasoned" them they way McCoy does there!

Bourbon and beans ... man that's some potent gas ... talk about flammable!

Good ole' Deforest Kelly ... miss him

I'm wondering who was the other ST actor that died a year or two ago ...? was it Walter Koenig? (Scotty)

Michael
Anvanho

Scotty (James DeNoon) , spelling of last name may be off a bit. Walter Koenig plays Checkov.

Jim
November 19, 2009 10:17PM
tomdisco

Scotty (James DeNoon) , spelling of last name may be off a bit. Walter Koenig plays Checkov.

Jim

James Doohan. May he rest in peace.

I doubt that was even filmed in the park, probably on a sound stage or county park in LA. None of the campgrounds in Yosemite have stone fire rings any more....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 10:20PM by AlmostThere.
November 19, 2009 11:59PM
AlmostThere
I doubt that was even filmed in the park
''

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098382/locations
November 18, 2009 07:32AM
They didn't put out the fire Dead Out. Shame on them.
November 19, 2009 11:19PM
James Doohan (Scotty) was nowhere near the park during the filming (pretty much dead already) and DeForest Kelley (pretty much dead already) toughed it out like a great cowboy he always was.At least we know what director Shatner wanted to do with the movie, which is make a train wreck.

Do you think that scene above was in one of the Pines campgrounds? I think it was near the Ahwanee with the brat house in the background, not sure what to make of the background lights, sure looks like motor homes or motel lights....take your pick.
November 22, 2009 05:51PM
The movie was great till they went off-world. Uhura with the fan dance pretty much sealed it, the only saving grace was the Yosemite venue.
November 22, 2009 06:35PM
Vince
the only saving grace was the Yosemite venue.

You wouldn't have thought it a "grace" if you'd been there while they were filming.
November 22, 2009 10:01PM
eeek
Vince

You wouldn't have thought it a "grace" if you'd been there while they were filming.

Perhaps not. I dunno. I just dunno.
November 22, 2009 10:10PM
Vince
eeek
Vince

Perhaps not. I dunno. I just dunno.

I've spend too much time on sets to get excited by a film crew. And getting stuck in traffic isn't my idea of a good time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login